Reading progress update: I've read 10 out of 419 pages.

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown - Holly Black

Nothing can happen more beautiful than death. - Walt Whitman

Wow. So we start off this book with Tana waking up, in the bathtub. There's cups and the smell of alcohol everywhere and then she realises she was at a party last night. She went by herself. She can't remember much except for getting reading and going to the bathroom to escape her ex. She kinda starts freaking out a bit cause she thinks everyone has left and they're gonna be somewhere making fun of her for sleeping through everything.

But then she gets up, walks around and then she arrives in a room and sees a hand and then realises that she's the first one up. But then looks around. Everyone is still laying there, but they're all dead! Vampires. She doesn't scream but she tries to sit down and find out what to do, after a while she decides to get up and look for her coat, phone and keys so she can leave and call someone...

She gets to the room and it's dark. But she sees her ex boyfriend, tied up, with duct-tape over his mouth. He's alive..but across the room she sees another boy, with bright red eyes...the vampire I think...

And that is where we finished the first chapter.

Oh my gosh, what a way to start the book. I have to admit I was getting a bit bored in the first few pages, I'm really bad and letting books get interesting. But ones all the bodies came in I was just like damnnnn and then she saw her ex tied up and I was like omg what and then the vampire and I kinda wanted to scream. But wow, that IS how you start a book. I also didn't know it was about vampires until then. I didn't read a review on it, I just thought it looked good and wanted to read it. I'm not sure if I like it yet or not, but the end of the first chapter definitely got me hooked and I want to read more. All the chapters also start off with a quote so I think that's how I'm gonna start the updates from now on. :)